I haven’t been spending too much time in the kitchen these days – it’s just too hot to do so. Lately it’s been all about finding ways to spend more time outdoors and keeping things simple. This crab and avocado sandwich was a tasty departure from my boring tuna fish sandwich. It was tasty, healthy, and super easy to make.
- 1 can of crab (of course fresh would be amazing!)
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise – (or more if you like it really creamy) mixed in with the drained crab meat
- Avocado (mashed, salted, and spread on fresh bread)
- Red onion (thinly sliced)
- Arugula or micro greens
- Capers (just a few for a salty garnish)
- Plum tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Radish (thinly sliced)
- Fresh lemon or lime – squeezed on top of the sandwich before serving
- Fresh bread (I used quinoa bread but a fresh baguette or croissant would be delish)
- Maldon salt and black pepper (to taste)
Layer all the ingredients on some fresh bread and you’re in business. This could easily be turned into a picnic friendly wrap or served on crostinis as an appetizer. I may also try baby shrimp instead of crab one day.
Hope you’re having a tasty week…